I've encountered a new issue with my TR-7.  On 20 meters only,  as I turn the
PTO and reach 14.250, the vco seems to unlock as the DR-7 display stops
increasing in frequency and reverses or drifts down 20 or 30 kHz.  Below 14.250
all works normally.  I pulled the vco board and reseated it and thought I had
it, until the radio warmed up 10 minutes and then the same thing happened.  I
had the radio parked on 14.350 and it started to drift again after a short warm
up period.  Could be a soft bit in a counter perhaps due to one of the ECL
chips. I have had trouble with these in the past.  Any suggestions would be
helpful;  PS where exactly is the test point on the vco board?

Thanks,

Mike W4DL