From: drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net [mailto:drakelist-boun...@zerobeat.net]
On Behalf Of Bill & Becky
Sent: Thursday, 12 July 2012 9:21 AM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
Subject: [Drakelist] R4C BFO Leakage

A few weeks back I wrote about PBT levels in SSB/AM modes.  It would change
S-Meter levels depending on adjustment of the  PBT.  I ruled out the 4NB
board by removing it......no change.

However when I removed the bottom cover almost 6 S-Units of PB feedthrough
were reduced and performance was enhanced with less white noise. Interesting
to know the interference is being conducted by the metal bottom cover to key
area's of the bottom chassis. Next I will attempt adding metal shields to
isolate internal RF from conducting to nearby by circuits that are prone.

Best 73

Bill  KB9IV