I must admit this receiver will probably benefit from the Sherwood audio board,
however comparing both my R4C's one is perfect with no hum and very good audio
whilst this one is shushy and has bad hum, maybe the main caps need replacing
but when I couple another cap accross them no change so I am a little reluctant
to ditch them quite yet. swapping the tubes between each made no difference
either. It does do an odd thing though, gradually as it warms up the audio and
signal gets worse until it is distorted and with a lot of white noise. When
switched on, the hum is really bad immediately and does not go away. both
receivers are 26000 serials within about 700 from each other.
Ideas?
73 Max
M0GHQ