Hi agn,
Well, sounds like possibly a control problem, maybe in a switch, maybe in a cable or cable connection. If not that, then it sure looks like the T4XC's PTO isn't putting out. When you're in RCVR posn you do get xmtr output, as the rcvr's supplying the PTO for both. In the other posn's the xmtr is supplying it's own PTO signal. Now that you can't hear anything in the rcvr when you're using the xmtr PTO, it's the xmtr PTO bad, or a connection between it and the rcvr. When you cleaned things, did you get the cables back in the right places? Probably not that as you're getting the rcvr PTO to the xmtr OK. How did you clean the switches?
73,
Al