Can he use a different wattmeter/and dummyload link?

At that kind of DC loading, something has to be getting REAL hot if it aint going into the dummy load.

Is the plate voltage staying up with key down?

Also, you might try testing with each tube individually to see if a tube got shorted in transit.

FWIW

Curt
KU8L