Thank you to all who offered suggestions regarding the audio problems I
experienced with my TR-4CW The difficulties have been resolved.

In case anyone has similar encounters of poor and muffled receive and a non
functioning sideband filter: I solved my problems by closely examining the
sideband selector switch. It was still dirty and had a bristle from an acid
brush I had used last summer to clean the switch, wedged between the wiper and
stationary contact. The end result made a profound change for the better.

The other problem I found was the socket for the 6GX6 product detector/9Mhz
oscillator tube was dirty causing the tube to be erratic and noisy. Cleaning it
quieted everything down and the radio now works as it is supposed to.

Norm Davis
WB4BKO