On Sat, 11 May 2013 22:52:57 +0200, Dieter Horst wrote:

>@Jim, would you say that the service manual describes the right methode
>for aligning the AGC?
>I have had my doubts about it in the past, mostly because 'fast' would
>always create trouble.

Yes. In my discussions with John, he told me that the "ACG Bias" adjustment
R1127 (A.K.A. "AGC Pedestal") is basically not used, being left as set in the
instructions (fully clockwise). The IF gain pot is actually used to set the AGC
pedestal in this scenario. I've tried two or three alternate procedures, both
of my own and other's devising, but once I understood what was going on the
"book" method seemed to work the best. There are two sections, coarse and final
adjustment. If things are "pretty close", coarse probably does not need to be
done.

73

-Jim
NU0C

--
The universe we're in will reach absolute zero in three hours. Safe is
relative. - Idris, "The Doctor's Wife"