-----Original Message-----
From: <drakelist-requ...@zerobeat.net>
Sent 9/24/2013 11:00:01 AM
To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
submissions to
drakelist@zerobeat.net
drakelist-requ...@zerobeat.net
drakelist-ow...@zerobeat.net
than "Re: Contents of Drakelist digest..."
Today's Topics:
1. T4XC problem (Chris Pickett)
Message: 1
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:18:19 +0100
From: "Chris Pickett" <chrispick...@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Subject: [Drakelist] T4XC problem
hello chaps.
I have a problem with my Drake 4 line and would appreciate some assistance
or ideas.
I have a R4C and T4XC, the rx is good and the R4C appears to work normally
but the transmitter will not put out any power and when I place the
transceive switch over to the XMTR position the audio goes all warbly -
almost auroral hi.
The Transmitter will not put out any power at all, I get a small lift on the
meter when I initially tune but that soon goes off and I cannot replicate
it.
There appears to be no difference on the recovered 'Warbly' audio when I
switch between LSB & USB although the PTO does work and appears to tune the
transmitter up and down the band ok. If I attempt to tune or spot then the
tx relay chatters constantly with no discernable movement on the meter.
This also does this when I try to tune up.
Prior to being mothballed for a couple of months it all worked FB. The only
other change is that I ordered a new set of connecting cables when I sold my
other 4line.
The cables all check out OK and I have repeatedly checked the manual re
connections with to no effect.
I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem with any of their Drake
equipment.
I would be very grateful of any pointers or help
Kind regards, 73
Chris
M5LRO