Am 20.05.2011 10:22, schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
According to you, it "had been working" before with the exact same
hardware and configuration.

Now if it does not anymore, then I strongly suspect network problems.

Did you do some network benchmarks on the replication link recently?
Packet loss, excessive retransmits, checksum errors, bad cabling?
Port stats on the switch, any error counters?
Duplex or other auto-negotiating mismatch?

Use flood ping with both large (>32k) and small packet sizes, iperf,
your favorite network integrity checker or benchmarking tool...
I followed your suggestion and installed "iperf" which appears to give me a far better overview than "netio". The result is that ~75MBit/s between both 10GbE interfaces.

I also recognized some curious statistic values in the management interfaces of the switches. Possibly I've been searching the wrong place up to now.

I will get back with further results.

CU,
Daniel.