Am 20.03.13 09:08, schrieb Adam Goryachev:

Why not configure as dual primary, but configure the initiators to only
talk to a single target, and only change to the other target after
failure/timeout. I haven't done this yet, but it is my plan to implement
it soon.

It would be nice to hear whether this "should" work as expected.... Any
comments?

Regards,
Adam

Well, from the practical side of thingsā€¦ I never had any issue even with multipathing, but that doesn't mean, that corruption could not occur, of course. It is my understanding though that, if multipathd is configured for failover instead of multibus, the inititator would only ever use one path and only in case of a failure use the other one - well, just as the settings suggests.

However, if using multipathd in failover mode would be okay, then I'd like to revisit the top of this thread, where DRBD got hiccups when I did exactly this. While pumping data from three initiators, I suddenly got that timeout on one host that lead to these immediate disconnects/reconnects, which obviously didn't harm anything, but flatlined the performance on either host.

Cheers,
Stephan