At 13:36 29/03/2001 +0000, Karl Lessard wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Starting gears under XFree86 4.0.3-3 with DRI enabled freeze my system.
>It seems to happened when the app needs to render back its content from
>a passive state (as a example, when I drag another window to entirely
>cover it, and move it back to see the gears). I'm using a G400, but it
>happened too with a G450 and even with other vendor cards, as ATI Rage
>128. Is there any patch yet to fix this bug? It would be helpful for me
>too to know which snapshot of DRI has been merged in this version of
>XFree86, if anybody knows...
I think it is the version that was merged with 4.02 in December.  DRI CVS
was recently merged with the 4.0.99.1 branch of the XFree86CVS.  XFree86
trunk CVS is currently heading for 4.0.99.2 and has been merged with the
DRI merge from 4.0.99.1.  4.0.3 is I believe (I could be wrong) based on a
branch off of the XFree86 trunk before just before the trunk became
4.0.99.x, with bugfixes backported from the trunk, so maybe the updated DRI
code could be added to 4.0.3 branch (does it count as bugfixes?).  There
have been fixes on the DRI tree (particlualy MGA) though that haven't yet
been merged back into 4.0.99.1 and consequently XFree86 trunk.  Kind of
unfortunate timing with the 4.0.3 release, just missing the DRI merge (was
this intentional?).

Wasn't that confusing... :)

Steve Newbury