Today, Daryll Strauss wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 05:24:37PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 05:17:25PM +0100, Philip Willoughby wrote:
>> > Is there a good reason for the xc directory nested in the DRI CVS xc
>> > directory?  I ask because it requires 119Mb of disk space, takes an age to
>> > download for new users, and it is not used by `make World' or
>> > `make install'.
>> >
>> > If it is not needed, could it be removed?
>> >
>> I think your mistaken.
>>
>> That is THE! DRI tree. There isn't any other.
>
>Due to a goof when I first created the project we ended up with two
>directory levels xc/xc instead of just one. At that point it was
>difficult enough to fix that we left it that way. Alan's right that
>xc/xc IS all the DRI code.

Errr. What you see doesn't seem to be what I see...

After the following command:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/dri \
                update -d xc

`ls xc' gives me:
CVS            LABEL     RELNOTES-X.org  doc      fonts    nls       util
INSTALL-X.org  Makefile  bug-report      exports  include  programs  xc
Imakefile      RELNOTES  config          extras   lib      registry  xmakefile

and `ls xc/xc' gives me:
CVS            LABEL     RELNOTES-X.org  doc     include  programs
INSTALL-X.org  Makefile  bug-report      extras  lib      registry
Imakefile      RELNOTES  config          fonts   nls      util

Further, making a copy of this tree, then running
`rm -fr xc/xc ; cd xc ; make World install' gives me a working X server and
3D accelleration on my radeon.  I haven't tried `make World' etc. in
`xc/xc'.  I had assumed that the top-level tree was the one to use since it
was the larger of the two, and if that assumption was wrong I'm definitely
running the wrong X server aren't I...

Anyway, if xc/xc is the one to use, what is all the stuff in xc for - could
this be removed if it is not needed (256 megs less would make a big
difference on a modem)?

Regards,

Philip Willoughby

--
echo [EMAIL PROTECTED] | tr "bizndfohces" "pwgd9ociaku"