Oh,
 That explains some things. I am not using your cvs as it
would be more trouble than it is worth. The XvMC portions
are very fresh in the XFree tree and I don't think you've
merged them in, so I am using the XFree cvs. However, I
also need the latest kernels so my drm sources are from
kernel 2.4.3 which apparently is pretty behind for drm
sources.  I guess I should probably stay with the drm and
libdrm from the XFree tree, but since your patches don't
always make it over there for a while we end up with
periods of time where the drm's from XFree don't work on
the latest kernels, and probably your drm's don't work with
the latest XFree.

It would be nice if there was a published time when you
get your sources merged into XFree and it happened on a
more frequent basis than just right before an XFree release.

XFree at MM/DD/YYYY HH:mm:ss UTC == DRI at the same time.

then make sure the merges happen at least monthly so that
there isn't so much divergence. Now that XFree has a
stable and devel branch there shouldn't be much of an issue
getting your head (stable) branch merged on a regular
schedule.

In fact since XFree has a devel branch I don't really see
why your head branch shouldn't _BE_ the XFree devel branch.
DRI cvs could just be the various dri development branches,
but when something is stable it is merged into XFree cvs
and dri users who are not debugging or developing should
just be on the XFree devel branch.