On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 05:08:20PM -0400, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 08:13:34PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I have a G450 card at work.
> > Currently I am trying to build the latest drivers into a deb package,
> > which painfully (took me a week :() succeeded.
> Ouch, you're going to be annoyed that you missed this, but .debs are
> already available[0], still a little rough. (I need to generate the
> module source packages, and get it building somewhere via cron.)
I did not miss it, that is the basis :).
There were only so much patches that did not work, and stupid me did it
on my workstation (128MB, single ide), instead of the development server
(dual smp, 1GB, soft raid 5, 4 disks).
Each run takes a considerable amount of time, before finding out something
is wrong :(
I am not completely apt-get into it ;)
> > Now I have installed the stuff, and surprise surprise, it does want a
> > new kernel module... 3.0.x, and not 2.0.0.
> > Major trouble, since there is a rule not to switch workstations from 2.2
> > to 2.4 unless it is stable enough...
> > The new drm code is very 2.4 centric, so I wondered:
> > 1) Are people busy with a 2.2. backport?
> Not that I know of, sadly.
> > 2) Is there interest
> Probably quite a bit actually.
At least by me :)
> Zephaniah E. Hull.
> (Debian developer.)
Me: debian user ;)
> 0: For /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/~warp/dri/ ./
> deb-src http://people.debian.org/~warp/dri/ ./
Not up to 18-4 :)
Hmmm, if you do the patcheing etc. (which you already do), I do the
backport ;)
I need at least a .deb package of a stable mga implementation that I
can work on. (I mean, the 2d has to work, and it has to have the recent
mga rework of gareth).

--
mail          up   18+14:43,     3 users,  load 0.00, 0.02, 0.00
mistar1       up    3+00:07,     8 users,  load 2.87, 2.77, 2.72