Today, Janne Pänkälä wrote:

>>From: "John X" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: [Dri-devel] Radeon SDR provlems fixed (for me at least)
>
>>My Radeon SDR is now working perfectly.  I haven't yet had a crash or
>>sonsole corruption (or serious visual glitch) with the radeon-20010418
>>drivers.  uptime is 1 day and 6 hours so far.  I had GL demos
>>(xscreensaver modules) running for an entire night with no problems.
>
>>Whatever you guys did to fix the Radeon SDR drivers they work great now.
>>You guys are great!
>
>I also updated to the CVS veriosn 20010418 and for a while it seemed
>really good. gears program was rotating quite long before it hang but in
>the end it hang to the
>----------
>radeonWaitForFrameCompletion (rmesa=0x80761e8) at radeon_ioctl.c:402
>402           for ( i = 0 ; i < 1024 ; i++ ) {
>(gdb) p radeon_ioctl.c:400
>No symbol "radeon_ioctl" in current context.
>(gdb) b radeon_ioctl.c:400
>Breakpoint 1 at 0x40509428: file radeon_ioctl.c, line 400.
>----------
>
>like so many times before :(
>--
>(gdb) list
>395           frame = INREG( RADEON_LAST_FRAME_REG );
>396     #endif
>397           if ( sarea->last_frame - frame <= RADEON_MAX_OUTSTANDING ) {
>398              break;
>399           }
>400           wait++;
>401           /* Spin in place a bit so we aren't hammering the bus */
>402           for ( i = 0 ; i < 1024 ; i++ ) {
>403              delay();
>404           }
>--
>
>This time frame == 3 and does not change and sarea->last_frame == 65002
>I was following the INREG() macro and it seems to do some 32bit MMIO?
>
>I'm still clueless as to what causes this. I'm ruling out broken
>motherboard since there was never any problems with Voodoo3000 card. Or
>could this be that Radeon is not compatible with my mobo? (their customer
>support is VERY SLOW). I finally managed to get the board to work somehow
>in windows (2000 this time) but it's not stable there either but can't say
>is this because of games or what (3DMark2000 goes trough properly). (and
>no I'm not overclocking)

Unfortunately you cannot rule out broken AGP on your motherboard.  The
Voodoo3 would work fine because it doesn't use any of the extra features
that AGP has over PCI, it doesn't need any sort of agpgart.  I had similar
problems with my radeon which were rectified by upgrading my motherboard's
BIOS.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Philip Willoughby

--
echo [EMAIL PROTECTED] | tr "bizndfohces" "pwgd9ociaku"