I'd like opinions on what would be the best way of determining at
runtime what glide library to use?  The current problem is that
there are 2 Glide libraries for Glide3 - one for Voodoo 3, and
another for Voodoo 5.  This is inconvenient to say the least.

Currently, we symlink libglide3.so.3.10.0 to
glide3/libglide3-v3.so or glide3/libglide3-v5.so

Unfortunately it is currently done manually, so if a user has a
Voodoo 5, it explodes out of the box since the symlink points to
the v3 lib by default.

Why there can't just be ONE Glide3 library is a whole other
discussion... ;o)  My current thinking is to create a new
frontend library containing only an _init(), _fini() that scans
the pci devices looking for a voodoo 3/5 card, and dlopen()'s the
appropriate library.

Any pre-existing code out there to solve this problem?  I don't
have any 3dfx cards to test with at all, so any help getting a
solution happening would be great.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions, etc.?

TIA

Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,
Red Hat Inc.                    Ontario, Canada, P6C 5B3
http://www.redhat.com           Phone: (705)949-2136