Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Ademar,
>
> looking at your pasted info I see:
> I'm using:
> kernel 2.4.3
> SiS 6326 chipset
>
> and
>
> OpenGL vendor string: Brian Paul
> OpenGL renderer string: SiS 300/630/530 DR Mode
> OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 3.4
>
> As far as I know the Sis 6326 is not the same as the Sis 630.  I don't
> know
> this with 100% confidence, but I know that I had to install different
> drivers
> under Wincrap and also under linux I used the Utah-GLX drivers for the
> Sis
> 6326 chips, not the DRI.  I have the Sis 630 and have not been able to
> get
> it working with the DRI. The last thing i remember getting is a  Seg.
> Fault
>  of some sort.  I will look at it again soon, as well as the fix that
> you
> pasted.

You're right.

I was just doing some tests, and since it loaded up, I thought it could
work. Probably no.

> Anyways, if you do have any success with the said DRI driver, could you
>  email me at adoniz_at_hushmail.com  ( replace _at_ with @ ). I'd be
> interested to know the results.

Great. I'll receive a new 630 board to play in next weeks. If I have some
success, I'll contact you.

But, did you notice the changes from xf-4_0_3 to the current CVS
(in the DRI code)? It's not compiling any more (the SiS module).

> Anyways, good luck

Thanks!
   - Ademar