I've taken a stab at fixing the libglide3.so for Voodoo3 vs Voodoo5 problem.
Basically, the tdfx driver looks at the screen's device ID and either loads
libglide3-v3.so or libglide3-v5.so (filenames not finalized) with dlopen()
and initializes a table of per-context Glide function pointers accordingly.
If neither of those libraries exists, I fall back to the old libglide3.so
library and hope it's the right one for the hardware.

This seems to be working with my Voodoo5 card, haven't tested Voodoo3 yet.

I've done this on the multihead-1-0-0-branch CVS branch that David was
working on.  I don't have a PCI tdfx card to test multihead with though.
David, let me know how that goes if/when you try it.

Mike, you may want to try this too.  Be sure to set your LIBGL_DEBUG
env var to "verbose" to get diagnostic messages if anything goes wrong.

-Brian