On Thursday 24 May 2001 11:24, you wrote:

> > I have been trying your patch against the current XFree86-CVS and it
> > seems to work quite well with my G400MAX. running quake2,Q3A and
> > xscreensaver hacks. Running at 1600x1200x32 with 32Mb allocated to
> > agpsize I did not encounter any instability.  I have been playing Q3 with
> > no crashes at all - even running lament from XScreenSaver 3.32 at the
> > same time doesn't seem to cause any problems.

If other people experience similar successes with other mga cards, i think it
would be cool if they (Gareth etc) made it part of the main branch. Maybe an
option in the XF86Config-4 file could then be included if the AGP memory
should be used or not (in addition to AGP_SIZE), so then even more people
would be able to test it.

Thanx to Ralf !

greetz, Kaltan