I'm really sorry about that.  I was going to cancel and I(obviously) wasn't
paying enough attention.  I was going to cancel because I thought I would
look at the source some before saying anything, but since I've inadvertently
delurked I may as well say it anyway.

I have a matrox G400.  I have Tribes 2.  I want better performance,
it's not playable for me right now.  I know c well, but I am by no
means an expert.  I also know nothing of hardware drivers.  I would
like to learn in order to improve the performance.  I'm a registered
matrox developer, so I have access to the card register specs they
provide.

I wanted to look at the code before sending my mail to get some idea
as to how communicating with the video card works, but if anyone has
references to introductory material to this sort of thing to help get
me off to a good start I would love to use them and learn.  I'm eager
to get my feet wet, though I can't promise I'll deliver due to being
a novice in this particular area.  I appreciate any help that can be
sent my way.

Also, does anybody know what is being handled in software for the
mga drivers that can be handled in the hardware?  Karl Lessard replied
to this same thread saying he was interested in doing some of the work
for these cards, and listed a few things, AGP texturing and video page
flipping, that could provide performance gains.  Are there other things?
Karl, are you still interested?  Perhaps we have some things we can
gain through cooperation.

Thank you, and sorry about the slip-up,
-b