Hello!

I tried to install the v.0.7-mga-driver without success.

1. When I tried ./install.sh i got the message:

"Could not located 'ed' editor. Aborting."

I have ed installed and it's working. So I commented out the ed-check in the
script. Everything then seemed to work ok with the installation.

2. When trying to start the X-server I get a fatal error saying:

"Couldn't open /var/log/X.0.log"

The file is there, though. And it has the right permissions.

Everything worked just fine before i tried to install the driver.

I have a Athlon 900 with Matrox G450-card using Linuxfromscratch, kernel 2.4.2
and X4.0.3 compiled from source. Agpgart compiled into the kernel and no dri
in the kernel.

Any ideas what i s wrong??

Regards,

Fredrik Hegardt