On Mon, 28 May 2001, Marc Aurele La France wrote:

> > >Right.  makedepend doesn't (yet) deal with parameterised macros.  If
> > >things still build, makedepend's complaints should be ignored (for now).

> > I happened to have a /usr/include/glide3 directory populated by
> > older Glide3 headers, which made me believe that the build
> > process was ignoring my explicit settings in the spec file:

> > %if %{BuildTdfx}
> > #define HasGlide3               YES
> > #define Glide3LibName           glide3
> > #define Glide3IncDir            $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/include/glide3
> > %endif

> > Examining the host.def that gets written out on a build at home
> > shows:

> > #define HasGlide3               YES
> > #define Glide3LibName           glide3
> > #define Glide3IncDir
>/home/mharris/rpmbuild/tmp/XFree86-4.0.99.900-root/usr/include/glide3

> > Should I be setting Glide3IncDir using relative symlinks instead?
> > Or is Glide3IncDir used in multiple places that would prevent
> > the using of relative links?  The above should work nonetheless.
> > It appears however that it only looks in Glide3IncDir if the
> > headers aren't found somewhere else first, like /usr/include/glide3

> > Bug?

> In makedepend's search order?  Possibly.  I'll have a look.

Well, I've checked this out and I don't any way /usr/include/glide3/glide.h
could have been included without a -I/usr/include/glide3 flag to
makedepend.  Check the makedepend command line that was invoked.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |