Good point.  And by keeping it internal like that, it concentrates the
knowledge
base in a small area.  I don't mean to offend, but the same group takes
away the
most intellectual knowhow from making these drivers.  It doesn't really
help those

that are on the outside looking in, and want to help.  It's discouraging
to see
XFree86 driver dev dictated by NDAs, (to a point), but that's reality I
guess.

/ice.
Aaron Holtzman wrote:

> It would seem that Keith Whitwell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> > It's slightly chicken and egg - without a strong external developer or two,
> > there was no impetus to take those discussions off the va/pi internal lists.
> >
> Precision Insight did after all hire most of the significant contributors
> to the various OpenGL related projects (Gareth, Daryl, Keith, Jeff, Brian).
> All in the span of a few months I recall. It's not really surprising then
> that most of the interested parties were internal to va/pi.
>
> cheers,
> aaron

"Klingon program function calls do NOT have 'parameters' - they have
'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM."

"You question the worthiness of my code?
  I should kill you where you stand!"
   -- K'Pleth Klingon Programmer Squadron

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access