DRI?

> > > Which driver? Are you using the right kernel module (some drivers need
> > > at least one from Linux kernel 2.4.9 or later or one built from
XFree86
> > > source) ?
> > >
> > I'm using the kernel module from 2.4.10. Everything else is from the
> > Slackware 8.0 release. XFree86 4.1.0 and a Radeon AIW graphics card.
>
> Is there 2D weirdness as well w/o a window manager? I suspect this is
> the same problem I fixed in the r128 driver recently. Could you build
> yourself and try a patch?

The 2D seems fine. Several 3D programs that I have written myself seem fine
too. I only see the problem in glxgears. I would try and build myself if
that would be helpfull but it would be a lot of work. I don't have a working
modem in linux. If I start and then shutdown twm while gears is running it
will start to work fine. Starting gears again after twm is shutdown results
in the weirdness again. If you want me to try something let me know. This
isn't a major problem. As I said everything else works fine. I'm just
curious. I don't want to spend hours trying to find a bug in one of my own
programs at some point in the future if the problem is with the driver.