On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 09:52:23PM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > You will have to contact S3 and ask them for documentation.
> > They don't to my knowledge seem too interested in Linux, but I
> > could be wrong.
> >
> > That would be the first step anyway.
>
> It might also pay to get in touch with Tim Roberts, the author of the 2D
> driver for the S3 Savage driver:
>
> http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

Thank you both!  For some reason, this didn't show up in my searches.
It's exactly what I'm looking for.  I've joined that list too.  If I (or
Tim) do anything with DRI, I'll kick it back over here.

Now to go play with the Mach64 stuff!

BTW, quick question... is XVideo separate from, related to, or dependent
on DRI?  When getting a Voodoo3 to work under XVideo I got this feeling of
"get it working under DRI, XVideo will work too."  But the reading I've
done on the Savage4 driver makes it sound like XVideo works for it, but
there isn't any DRI yet.

(I wish my Sav4 was HERE already and I could answer these questions
myself...)

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net