"Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)" wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:17:15 -0800 strobe anarkhos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled
> profusely:
>
> > Has anybody seen a project or code which renders X11 graphics using OpenGL
> > calls?
>
> evas.
> (canvas library - can use X11, software rendering or opengl - stubs for xrender
> support - but missing functionality in xrender hasnt made me continuw with the
> stubs)

I'm not sure this is addressing the poster's intent.  I think there are two
was of interpreting his request:

        1) A widget/canvas/etc layer that targets OpenGL (as opposed to X)

and
        2) An Xserver that renders to an opengl hardware abstraction

Evas fits (1) well.  (2) is an interesting project, but I haven't heard of
anyone attempting such a thing.  Probably the only useful platform for such a
beast would be windows or maybe darwin (everyone else has an X server already,
or else they don't have opengl).  People have put work into X servers layered
or mingled with windows, so darwin is perhaps the only platform that could
benefit from (2).

Probably easier to write an X server ddx that targets the darwin 2d apis and
works in a similar way to the existing X-on-win32 products.

Keith