On 12 Nov 2001, Mike wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >I've managed to install the tdfx DRI-driver on my Slackware Linux system.
> >'glxinfo' reports that everything is fine and that I've got direct
> >rendering.  But if I go on to some games for example, the performance is
> >terrible! In FPS-games i get lousy framerates compared to M$-OS'es. Am I
> >doing anything wrong, or is it just bad drivers?
> >
> >-----
> >yhata

> Go to dri.sourceforge.net/download.phtml and download the DRIsetup application. If
>it core dumps when you run it then you have the wrong drm kernel module for your
>version of X. If it doesn't then it should give some other useful information.
>
> Michael.

Thanks for answering me, Mike :)

I couldn't download that file from dri.sourceforge.net, but fortunately I
had a copy of it on my HD. I tried that, but it didn't seem to have any
problems. Anyway, here is the output:

Direct Rendering Infrastructure testing program

Checking your system.......

Your config file is /etc/X11/XF86Config
Your module path is /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
SUCCESS - You are running in Direct Rendering Mode
No errors have occurred

DDX Driver version is 1.0.0
DRI Driver version is 4.0.0
KERNEL Driver version is 1.0.0
GL Driver version is Mesa DRI Voodoo3 20010501 x86/MMX/3DNow!
                     1.2 Mesa 3.4.2

Also, my screen seemed to change a gamma setting or something when I ran
that program, but I guess that's normal?

Well, I still haven't got any better performance, and I've seen some nice
framerates on the NVidia cards, so...

So, is this the drivers fault? Are they too bad? Should I joust wait for
an update?

-----
yhata