Michel Dänzer wrote:

> First make sure that both xserver-xfree86 and xlibmesa3 are the same
> versions, namely 4.1.0-x.

Both are indeed 4.1.0-9.

> My first guess would have been a wrong version of the kernel module, but
> the one from the 2.4.14 kernel should work. Could there be a stray
> libGL, e.g. in /usr/local, that gets picked up? You can check with ldd.

I thought for a moment that was the problem, as I got a new libGL in
/usr/X11R6-DRI/lib, and the upgrade modified my ld.so.conf accordingly, but
the old one in /usr/X11R6/lib doesn't work any better (and they _are_
different files). I haven't checked yet, but I suspect the new location is the
one used by the debian unstable (sid).

--
Daniel