>I suspect it's less stable for us than for the x86 folks though, or
>there would be more noise about it on the various lists.
>

>What's this agp_special_page about?

The agp_special_page is a page of RAM reserved by some code I have
in the kernel's MM init stuff which is as high as possible, that is
outside of the AGP aperture from the card's space (remember we have
the AGP aperture at 0).

The problem is that UniNorth seem to have a bug preventing writes
from the card to AGP memory to work properly. By putting the ring
read ptr (which is updated by the video chip) in this special page
outside of AGP space, we force the card to use a normal PCI cycle
instead of an AGP cycle to update this pointer.

Ben.