> Perhaps it was different revisions of the same chipset.  I'm not sure
> of the exact details, however I do remember someone complaining about
> this fact.

Anyway, there is a correct entry for the chipset in agpgart_be.c :

        { PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_8367_0,
                PCI_VENDOR_ID_VIA,
                VIA_APOLLO_KT133,
                "Via",
                "Apollo Pro KT266",
                via_generic_setup },

Martin, if you look in /var/log/message right after loading the agp
module, you should see sthg like "Detected Via Apollo Pro KT266"
The drm reports a KT133 stuff because the agp bridge is declared as
VIA_APOLLO_KT133.
(in drm_agpsupport.h :  case VIA_APOLLO_KT133:  head->chipset = "VIA Apollo KT133";)
So anything should go smoothly (since all the via chipsets share the
same init. routine in the agp backend), even if the drm reports a KT133
bridge...

a+
--
Nicolas Aspert      Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)