Mike Westall wrote:

> We are presently acquiring a rather large cluster
> to build a distributed rendering system that
> will include some DRI related components.
>
> Some vendors responding to our bid have suggested
> replacing the specified 850 with the newer 860.
> Can anyone tell me if the existing DRI components
> are likely to work now (or soon) with the 860.
>
> thanks much,
> Mike

Hello

I assume you are looking for support under Linux. AGP for both 850 and
860 is working under Linux (at least in the recent kernels), so DRI
should work on both chipsets, since AGP is the only chipset-dependent in
DRI.

Best regards

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Aspert      Signal Processing Institute (ITS)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)