On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 09:03:55PM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:

| The Utah drivers detected thrashing & switched from a LRU to MRU replacement
| strategy.  The dri drivers could/should but don't do the same...

I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to keep a record of the texture binds
from the previous frame, then run a quick simulation occasionally (at
swap time?) to see which management strategy would have been best, and
use that strategy for the next frame.

In the long run we'll want something with better predictability, but a
workaround like the above (or like the environment variables that Ian
suggested) might be a good project for someone who'd like to become an
active DRI developer.

Allen