On 2002.02.17 07:33 Philip Brown wrote:
> FYI: For those people who saw my messages of a while ago, and believe
> "Someone is working on a solaris port of DRI":
>
> I've given up on DRI, and have gone over to update utah-glx instead.
> Heck, I've actually got the basic nv part WORKING under solaris.
> Presumably, it will also work under *BSD as well.
>
> I find the utah-glx stuff much more coherent. There is a single
> GLX module made, rather then multiple spots in the X server where dri
> shows up.
>   [lib/GL/dri, lib/GL/mesa/dri, programs/Xserver/GL/dri,
>    programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/*/drm  ]

Utah-GLX is without doubt coherent in terms of simplicity, but not
security. It's easier to pull out a new Utah-GLX driver or port to a
different OS but in exchange of security and versatility. Users and
potential developers should be made aware of this trade-off, more
specifically what is stated in
http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/docs/direct.txt .

> So for anyone waiting for DRI support under solaris, or OSs other than
> linux or the specific version of bsd supported by DRI:
>  I suggest you look at utah-glx instead.
>
> http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/

Regards,

José Fonseca