On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 08:31:03AM +0100, Peter Surda wrote:
> > If the CPU usage is really a problem, an interrupt is probably the way
> > to go; don't know if and how the chip supports that though.
> Sounds good.
Ok, I did some tests:
- it isn't DMA-specific. It happens also with DMA disabled, so interrrupts
  won't help
- it isn't directly either R128WaitForIdle or R128CCEWaitForIdle. Conditional
  usleeps in the idle loops there don't change anything.
- by mistake I introduced an unconditional usleep (1) (i.e. 10ms usleep) into
  R128CCEWaitForIdle. Although this slowed everything down and video latency
  got worse, X suddenly eats about 20% less, still measurable though, about
  4%.

Hence, I assume the problem is caused by an idle loop in something that calls
accel->Sync before the loop. I am still unable to find where exactly though.

I need more ideas now :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
                           Reboot America.