Here's a bit more info on what I've found.  I tried running a GL program
of mine in gdb, and here's what happens:

I turned off double buffering to see what's going on.  The glClear calls
the clear ioctl in the DRM and works, the window background is cleared to
black (which is what the program specifies).  The program has an array of
normals, texcoords, and verts which is passes to glDrawArrays.  The state
is initially set to disable texturing and draw smooth shaded triangles.
When I enter glDrawArrays, I see a series of register writes following by
hardware state flushes.  So many verts actually do complete, the problem
is that stuff is getting drawn all over the screen, not in the glut
window.  Eventually it hangs up.  I can ssh in, kill gdb do an xrefresh
and all is well again.  The hang happens in the same place if I'm double
buffering, it locks up in DrawArrays before it gets to swap buffers.

Any ideas?

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net