--- Jens Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Finally, it looks like it would also be a good idea to review and
> possibly move the kernel development changes back into our repository.
> Specifically, I'm talking about changes to the schedule wait queses as
> were done to drm_fops.h; changes to the page allocation in i810_dma.c;
> and any other *new* changes from the kernel development branch.  I
> realize the merge from the kernel repository back to ours is more than
> we originally talked about.  However, it would help keep things
> synchronized as we move forward.  Understanding some of these changes
> isn't as *mechanical*; and we need to make sure any of the changes we
> move back to our repository still compile and work on older 2.4 kernels.

This patch contains code from kernel-2.4.18 it was diffed with.
Root=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/dri
Repository=xc/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel

I really don't know what in kernel-2.4.18 was old vs new (better/worse) but I
used my best judgment. Will this compile with older 2.4 kernels? I do not know.
How should/could I test this.