On 2002.05.18 12:11 Ian Molton wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2002 11:08:22 +0100
> José Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On 2002.05.18 10:41 Ian Molton wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > What do I need to do to get started on DRI hacking?
> > >
> > > I want to track down a bug in radeon_dri.so
> > >
> > > how do I build it? what sources do I need?
> >
> > Ian,
> >
> > First thing you need is to download the cvs tree and build it. You can
>
> I downloaded it and am trying to build it following the instructions you
> gave, but ran into this:

Please tell which branch are you using, and if you changed the ProjectRoot
in the host.def file or not.

> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc/lib/xtrans'
> rm -f *.CKP *.ln *.BAK *.bak *.o core errs ,* *~ *.a .emacs_* tags TAGS
> make.log MakeOut  "#"*
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc/lib/xtrans'
> cleaning in lib/Xau...
> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc/lib/Xau'
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc/lib/Xau'
> make[2]: *** [clean] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc/lib'
> make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc'
> make: *** [World] Error 2
> ian:/usr/src/cvs/dri/build/xc$
>
> What is xtrans?

Have no idea..!

This is just trying to clean everything. Attempt to do "make World" again
and see if it gets over it.
> > All this process can be quite tricky on the first time you make it, so
> >
> > make sure that you have you new Xfree running properly before you
> > start playing with it.
>
> is the DRI CVS all I need? or was I supposed to add it to a full X4.2
> source?

You just need the DRI CVS and a working XFRee >= 4.1.x installed on the
system as the DRI source is partial and reads some headers from there. If
you changed ProjectRoot to another thing (e.g., /usr/X11R6-DRI) then
before you start to compile you need to do:

        mkdir -p /usr/X11R6-DRI
        cd /usr/X11R6-DRI
        lndir ../X11R6

so that when building the needed files are found in the right place.

José Fonseca