On Fri, 24 May 2002, José Fonseca wrote:

> On 2002.05.24 21:00 J5 wrote:
> > (II) ATI(0): [drm] installed DRM signal handler
> > (II) ATI(0): [DRI] installation complete
> > (II) ATI(0): [drm] Added 128 16384 byte DMA buffers
>
> !! Something happened at this point since the X server backofs the DRM...

This is where ATIDRIKernelInit calls do_dma_init in the DRM, which from
the system log fails on trying to find the framebuffer map.  The 0x AGP
mode is suspicious looking, but ATIAgpInit seems to complete without a
problem.  Maybe there is a problem with the libdrm.a?  Were all the
modules installed with a make World and make install?  There were changes
for blits (new ioctl) that affected libdrm.a with last weekend's changes
in cvs, but nothing that would require a rebuild of libdrm.a since then.

> > (II) ATI(0): [drm] removed 1 reserved context for kernel
> > (II) ATI(0): [drm] unmapping 8192 bytes of SAREA 0xc8c88000 at 0x40018000
> > (II) ATI(0): Direct rendering disabled
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

> We could try to debug the X server with gdb to see where is failing, but
> it won't point us to the problem, just the consequence...

A server error on shutdown is "normal." We haven't fixed the signal 11 on
closing the screen yet. Is this happening on shutdown, or is the X server
crashing here on startup?

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net