On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 12:26, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 12:17:18PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > > Then there's the render extension...
> >
> > That's one of the next items on my list. :)
>
> I wouldn't waste too much time on accelerating the RENDER extension
> just yet. Things are still changing, and then there's the lacking
> of a test suite to ensure your complying.

Well, so nobody can claim we're not complying. :)

Anyway, when I played with it on r128 it looked like there was only a 2x
speedup even when it wasn't actually rendering... but it seems to work
quite well in the mga driver.

Don't worry about me wasting time on this though, it's just one of the
things I'd like to look into when I get some spare time, which doesn't
happen too often. :/