> Hello Alexander!
>
> No change to get this going on "your partner" boards?
> Even with flashed BIOS?
>
> I can get may hands on a 8500LE on top of my dual Athlon
> 1900+ MP/XP for
> testing.
>
> Thanks,
>       Dieter

The partner boards do have individual board features
which aren't tested and/or supported by this drivers.
Its not possible to support all those third party
boardmakers products unless those companys do fund
and/or support our local Linux development in some way.
Else we would redirect an unkown amount of support
queries to ATI phoneline helpdesks for non ATI boards.
For now you should consider those Linux drivers are an
extra feature which is funded by the own board sales.

As someone else wrote, the development of open source
drivers is assisted as well by ATI, but it would solve
other not so wide spread platforms like DEC alpha CPU
or PowerPC CPU in some time frame. The same applies
for third party board vendor products on x86 platform.

I think you know about the very recent Athlon MP and cache
coherency findings. They were addressed by recent information
from AMD itself. Due to its urgency, OpenSource and
ClosedSource programmers for Linux and X11, got informed
about the solutions roughly at the same time.

For the ATI FireGL drivers, this means there will be
measures and additional notes in upcoming driver releases,
e.g. 1.4.0, that will help handling such machine setups.

Regards Alex.