On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Felix Kühling wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 15:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
> Leif Delgass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Yes. It is indeed the problem. ATIDRIMoveBuffers() calls
> > > this XAA function.
> > >
> > > I guess if this is disabled you need to fallback to software
> > > copying, or disable DRI (ouch).
> > >
> > > Alan.
> >
> > I copied the code for ATIDRIMoveBuffers from the radeon driver.  Does
> > radeon have a fallback for this?  ATIDRIInitBuffers also uses XAA
> > functions (SoldFill), but that could be changed to use the drm clear
> > ioctl.
> >
> > Felix, what problems were you seeing with XaaScreenToScreenCopy enabled?
> > If you see a message in the X log about MMIO caching after "Direct
> > rendering enabled", try updating from cvs (0-0-5-branch) or using the
> > latest binary and see if the problem is still there.
>
> The 2D problems have nothing to do with DRI, I also see them with
> XFree86 4.1. I get really messed up graphics in some situations, certain
> web sites or gtk+ themes. I could fix one gtk+ theme by changing the
> size of the background pixmaps from 4x4 to 8x8 IIRC. There is a
> screenshot at www.dd.chalmers.se/~kuhlfeli/GarbledScreenshot.png. One
> Website that often reproduces the problem is www.mplayerhq.hu, sometimes
> more, sometimes less. I reported the problem twice to xfree86.org, but
> got no response. I'm afraid it's broken hardware :(

OK, this shouldn't segfault anymore with the current CVS.  At the moment,
there's no software fallback for Init/MoveBuffers (Init buffers uses Xaa
solid fills), the functions just return if the Xaa function callback
pointer is NULL.  Note that hardware blits and fills are still used for 3D
clears/swaps even if XaaNoScreenToScreenCopy or XaaNoSolidFillRect are
configured.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net