    Charlie> I am thinking of purchasing a Maya AP Radeon 8500 Deluxe 64MB DDR AGP RP
    Charlie> VO DVI, what do people think of this card? What is the status of the
    Charlie> open source drivers? How good are they? Is the dual head supported in
    Charlie> Linux? Apart from not supporting S3TC texture compression is there any
    Charlie> thing else that would stop me from playing UT 2003 in Linux?

Thanks to The Weather Channel the drivers are working good and are
getting better and better - although I occasionally have lockups
here. 3D performance is OK - it's not as much as under WinXP - , 2D is
solved by now, too.
Concerning UT2K3: on the homepage they said that the OpenGL driver is
far beyoond the Direct3D one, which means that you will get less
fps. I don't know how much, have no cards to try.

Bye, Adam.
--
 Adam Duck ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 Bockenheimer Landstr. 135 / Zi. 211