On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:02:08 +0100
José Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just uploaded a set of binary snapshots built from the CVS head
> using RedHat's compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.110 package (which produces code compatible
> with the gcc bundled with the RedHat 7.3 and is the same which was producing
> the snapshots before).
>
> The files are the *-linux-gcc296.i386.tar.bz2 available from
> http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/ . In case your web browser gives
> you a hard time to distinguish they are half size of the ones generated
> by gcc-3.2 (!) as someone already had notice. I have no idea why
> is that.

As of gcc-3.1 the default debug info format has changed to dwarf-2.
Maybe that's at least part of the problem.

> All of you which have been experiencing problems with the latest
> snapshots please test and report back to the dri-devel mailing list.
> If there is a difference then I'll make them available on a regular
> basis.

I don't use binary snapshots. But I am compiling DRI with gcc-3.2 since
yesterday myself. There are problems with the radeon driver which I
didn't have with gcc-2.95.4, though it never crashes my machine.

> José Fonseca

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!