Nick,

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 02:51:53PM -0600, Nicholas Leippe wrote:
>Hi,
>I was wondering if some dev out there could spend say 2-5 minutes
>and post an email that lists all of the possible knobs that can
>be turned.  I know there's a bunch, but they're scattered though
>several postings and hard to find.

Check http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/faq/testing.html#AEN1637 .
If you see any other 'knobs' worthy to mention (even not necessarily
environment vars) then I would appreciate that you forward them to me so
that I can add them to the FAQ as well.

For instance, very interesting 'knobs' not mentioned in
the FAQ are the driver specific debugging environment variables, such as
MACH64_DEBUG, RADEON_DEBUG, and others alike. Due to their specificity
and volatility I don't think is worth to have them detailed in the FAQ,
but a direct link from the FAQ to the CVS file where they are
implemented (and hopefully documented) should be a good idea. Agreed?

[...]
>I keep seeing posts about pageflipping, hw perf boxes, and many other
>little things to try and get a little frustrated trying to track down
>the knob to turn them on/off...
>
>This could make a good little web page addition to the site as well.

José Fonseca