Nicholas,

I have followed the advice that others gave you in their replies and
have been able to find the info on environmental variables but I have
not looked in the right place for XF86Config Options. Do you know
where to find them?

I use for my Radeon VIVO (QD)

    Option      "AGPMode" "4"
    Option      "AGPSize" "64"
    Option      "RingSize" "8"
    Option      "BufferSize" "2"
    Option      "EnableDepthMoves" "true"
    Option      "EnablePageFlip" "true"
    Option      "AGPFastWrite" "1"

Are there others I've missed? Are these Radeon specific? I have seen
in a post for the Voodoo5 the Option "DisableSLI" "1" or something
similar. It would be nice to have ready access to these goodies. I
scoured the forums for the ones I found. But where did other people
find them? I know RTFM, but which one?