On Tue, 08 Oct 2002 13:34:47 +0100
Keith Whitwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Felix Kühling wrote:
> > Hi Keith,
> >
> > I attached a new r100 waiting patch against the latest trunk. I assume
> > that you have the most up-to-date r200 waiting code in your tree. I
> > added EAGAIN to conditions handled gracefully. But I couldn't find any
> > situation in which the DRM_RADEON_IRQ_WAIT ioctl returns -EAGAIN (using
> > grep on .../linux/drm/kernel). Is that just a precaution for future
> > changes in the ioctl?
>
> Felix,
>
> Does this patch address the irq/busywait pingponging that was happening last time?

I've never had this on R100, not with busy waiting. This should only
happen with extremely high frame rates, so I didn't think it's that
important for the general case. If you disagree I'll try to come up with
a solution, maybe a second chance for the interrupt would help.

Reducing the number of cycles in the busy waiting loop would be an
ad-hoc solution. But it's too system dependent (CPU, compiler ...) to be
a real solution.

> Keith

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!