Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 10:05 schrieb Keith Whitwell:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > If I'm reading the drm source right, there seems to be either
> > 32,000 or 64,000 contexts provided for, with the ctxbitmap routines.
> >
> > Isnt that overkill for typical use? Wont the average user tend to have
> > MAYBE 5 or 10 active contexts at a time, and no more than that?
>
> Yes, but it's not hard to create more.  I don't see the benefit in limiting
> it to the current typical usage.
>
> That said, when I try & create many contexts, something fails around nr 32,
> and I get indirect rendering from then on.  I haven't looked into why.

r200 at exactly 29 (#0-27 are OK).
Next "change" in behavior between #37 and #38 (see below).
But I got some (whole) system lock ups (live locks).

VTK and medical 3D apps (VIS) easily reach 5-10 (more).

-Dieter

./manywin 31

Name: 27
  Display:     0x93fd080
  Window:      0x6a00002
  Context:     0x93ffd90
  GL_VERSION:  1.2 Mesa 4.0.4
  GL_VENDOR:   Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa DRI R200 20020827 AGP 4x x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE TCL
libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed
800, 200
Name: 28
  Display:     0x9541450
  Window:      0x6c00002
  Context:     0x9544448
  GL_VERSION:  1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
  GL_VENDOR:   Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed
900, 200
Name: 29
  Display:     0x9585278
  Window:      0x6e00002
  Context:     0x9587a30
  GL_VERSION:  1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
  GL_VENDOR:   Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed
0, 300
Name: 30
  Display:     0x95c7f50
  Window:      0x7000002
  Context:     0x95ca708
  GL_VERSION:  1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
  GL_VENDOR:   Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect

Hit ESC

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (XFree86-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  9 ()
  Value in failed request:  0x800002
  Serial number of failed request:  41

./manywin 37

[-]
libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed
600, 300
Name: 36
  Display:     0x9758c60
  Window:      0x7e00002
  Context:     0x975b418
  GL_VERSION:  1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
  GL_VENDOR:   Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (XFree86-DRI)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  9 ()
  Value in failed request:  0x3000002
  Serial number of failed request:  41

./manywin 38

libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed
700, 300
Name: 37
  Display:     0x979b938
  Window:      0x8000002
  Context:     0x979e0f0
  GL_VERSION:  1.3 Mesa 4.0.4
  GL_VENDOR:   Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
  GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
Speicherschutzverletzung

./manywin 100 ;-)

libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed
900, 900
Name: 99
  Display:     0xa7c97e0
  Window:      0xfe00002