On Sam, 2002-09-28 at 08:22, Jason Cook wrote:
> Every snapshot since 9/20/2002 seems to have the same problem. I know
> it was supposed to have been resolved the 25th, but perhaps it's not
> an easy fix.

It's certainly not.

> There is a warning message about xaa versions but no errors in the x
> log. X then segfaults after silken mouse is enabled. Again with no
> details of the error.
>
> Some people on the forums have at least been able to see an x
> display. X only crashes during a 3d app.

Even with normal 2D usage.

> For me x is crashing before I get that far (Windowmaker perhaps makes
> heavy use of xaa). The real problem is I loose all visuals including
> the console. All virtual terminals are black. I still have keyboard
> input so I reboot with the three finger salute. It's the only way I
> know how to get my console back so I can restore the previous working
> install of dripkg.
>
> I hope this helps. I haven't seen any posts about this problem for a
> couple days but it's still there.

See the thread about the snapshots being built with gcc 3.x now. It's
currently not clear if those crashes are due to that or the XAA
incompatibility still not being fixed.

Either way, the other drivers should also be affected, is anyone using a
current non-Radeon snapshot? :)