Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:19:02 -0700
From: "Allen H. Ibara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Dri-devel] gcc-3.2 problem and Makefile inconsistency

> I was referring to another problem. I described it in a mail with
> subject "Strange effects with Radeon7500" last monday. So far nobody
> has
> been able to reproduce it. Snapshots will never have a problem since
> they are not optimized for a specific CPU. Am I the only one using
> -march=athlon? ;)

Doh. Ok.

So I rebuilt the XServer from DRI CVS again today, this time with:

#define DefaultGcc2i386Opt -O3 -march=athlon

Your gltest program produces a wireframe cube which promptly disappears
when I resize the window (and flickers faintly as I resize it)

It also produces this output:
radeonUpdatePageFlipping allow 0 current 0
radeon_makeX86Normal3fv/195 CVAL 0 OFFSET 14 VAL 8051984
radeon_makeX86Normal3fv/196 CVAL 4 OFFSET 20 VAL 8051988
radeon_makeX86Normal3fv/197 CVAL 8 OFFSET 25 VAL 805198c
radeon_makeX86Normal3fv done
radeonUpdatePageFlipping allow 0 current 0

Also:
gears, morph3d, and bounce from the Mesa Demos produce a black window as soon
as they're started. (and don't even flicker when I resize them)

All of the above programs spit out:
"radeonUpdatePageFlipping allow 0 current 0"
about 3 times when I start them up, and then continuously stream that
text to stderr as I'm moving or resizing the window.

On the other hand Q3A 1.31 seems totally unaffected.

--AHI