Thomas,

I am very new to this list (First Post!), but I just went through hell getting
my M9 to work. What I will do is send you my radeon.o driver in a direct
email, it will save you DAYS of compiling and scratching your head. I
compiled from the DRI cvs tree, with some patches (had to tell the driver
that the M9 will run as an R200). Any others feel free to contact me as well
if you want this, I don't have a good place to post it yet.

I hope it works for you. I will include the contents of the
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati directory as well if you need to
compile from source. You will also need to install the R200 driver from the
bleeding edge download area, make sure you install this FIRST, then copy the
radeon.o file I send you into /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers.

And make sure to back up your originals first.

So you know, I am able to play gltron, Soldier of Fortune, and Counter Strike.
I have an artifact in some games on the left hand side of the screen, but not
so bad.

Mark Dierolf